May 10, 2019 News
Unit 4 Week 5 Spelling List
Please spend 5-15 minutes each night working with your child on spelling the words. If you would like any ideas or help with how to do so, do not hesitate to ask!
High frequency words: picture, remember
Library Closing May 24th
The library will officially close for the year on May 24th. All books need to be returned by then. Please look at home for any books that need to be returned, and if you are not sure about missing books, feel free to email me and I will find out that information from Mrs. Koster.
In First Grade This Week…
Students learned about the following things in the various subject areas:
- what is the Bible?
- how we meet God in the Bible
- the Bible is made up of many different books
- the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit
- Memorare prayer with 5th Grade buddies
- Virtue focus
- modesty (purity of heart in action)
- ways to encourage modesty:
- dress in an appropriate manner
- not bragging about talents
- not being the center of attention
- using place value to add
- adding double digit numbers
- carrying over
- subtracting double digit numbers
- Writing: using transition words
- phonics focus: vowel digraphs ie, igh
- consonant patterns kn, wr
- using adjectives for what kind
- facts and details in stories
- identifying problems and solutions in stories
- developing comprehension in reading
Have a great week!