November 1, 2019 News
Special Person’s Day and All Saints’ Day
We had a wonderful day celebrating the special people in our lives and then celebrating the saints as well this afternoon! As Fr. Kyle said in Mass this morning, our one job while we are here is to become saints- what a great reminder to our little people that sainthood is possible for everyone, not just special people from hundreds of years ago!
Thank you to all of you who helped put the party together!
Contest Opportunity – From Mrs. Koster and the Main Office
Picture Retakes- November 11, 2019
School pictures went home today in Friday Folders! If you would like your child to have retakes done, those are scheduled for November 11.
What We Learned This Week…
It is my hope that the bullets you’ll find in this section each week can be conversation starters for you around the dinner table with your son or daughter!
- when we sin, we fail to love God
- the story of the Good Samaritan
- good news and bad news
- God’s promise of salvation and what that means for us
- J.O.Y. = Jesus (first), Others (second), You (last)
- the importance of the saints and how we’re all called to be a saint
- prayer: the Hail Mary
- number talks: counting all the dots/counting on using a ten frame
- adding doubles
- adding to make a 10
- counting on (“put the bigger number in your head, the smaller number on your hand, and count on”)
- making a 10 to add on
- Math Centers:
- roll it, solve it, color it (addition fluency practice)
- iPads: SplashMath
- Math journals: rolling the dice to write equations and practice addition fluency
- short u sound
- reading to self stamina
- segmenting words into separate sounds
- blending sounds together to make words
- comprehension: beginning, middle, and end
- poetry: We Can
- the similarities and differences between bats and birds
- STEM activity: creating a hoop glider using only a straw, a piece of paper, a foot of tape, and scissors
Have a great weekend!